New Zealand Prostitutes Collective (NZPC)
National Support / 90 views
Phone 04-382 8791
International +64 4 382 8791
Mobile and media inquiries 027 496 0700
North Island offices:
3/2 Canada St
Central Business District, Auckland
Phone 09-366 6106
Unit 36a Historic Village on 17th Avenue Tauranga
Phone 07-571 0640
Outreach 06-357 3150
Outreach 06-835 1400
Outreach 07-839 5519
Level 4, 204 Willis St Te Aro Wellington
Phone 04-382 8791
South Island offices:
157 Waltham Rd Sydenham Christchurch
Phone 03-365 2595
411 Princes St Dunedin
Phone 03 477 6988
New Zealand Prostitutes’ Collective
The New Zealand Prostitutes’ Collective founded in 1987, is run by sex workers, for sex workers, and advocates for the rights, health, safety and well being of all sex workers. We are committed to working for the empowerment of sex workers, so that sex workers can have control over all aspects of their work and lives.
Our services focus on workers rights, HIV and STI prevention, and education. We also provide safer sex supplies to sex workers, and offer free sexual health clinics at our community bases.
NZPC has long been at the forefront of reforming the law for sex workers. We helped draft the Prostitution Reform Act which decriminalised sex work in New Zealand, and built support for it as it passed into law.
NZPC provides expert advice to those with an interest in law and policy surrounding sex work in New Zealand. We are also a crucial point of liaison between government and non-government civil society, and the sex industry.
Our Kaupapa and Values
- NZPC is an organisation run by sex workers for sex workers.
- NZPC advocates for the human rights, health, safety and well-being of all sex workers.
- NZPC recognises that sex work is work.
- NZPC recognises that sex workers should not experience discrimination and stigma due to their work.
- NZPC recognises the centrality of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- NZPC recognises that sex workers are experts in our own lives.
- NZPC enables sex workers to remain anonymous when they access our services.
- NZPC is committed to working for the empowerment of sex workers, so that sex workers can have control over all aspects of our work and lives.
At our core, NZPC works toward securing rights for sex workers. We believe that it is crucial that all sex workers can have control over their working conditions, for their rights, health, safety and well-being.